Here are 5 essential oils that can be helpful in warding off colds and bugs.
1. Clove Bud (Eugenia caryophyllata, Eugenia aromatica, or Syzygium aromaticum) :: Clove Bud is one of the most active bactericides against pathogenic bacteria. Great for cleaning surfaces or the air in your home.
2. Rosemary (Rosemarinus officinalis) :: Rosemary is great for respiratory illnesses. Use with inhalation to thin mucus and open the lungs.
3. Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulous) :: Another great respiratory oil. Use Eucalyptus with Rosemary through inhalation with diffuser, in epsom salt in a bath, or diluted in carrier oil for a chest rub.
4. Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) :: Tea Tree is a wide-spectrum germicide, bactericide, and fungicide. This versatile oil is great for cleaning and disinfecting as well as an aid in respiratory conditions.
5. Thyme (Thymus vulgaris) :: Thyme has strong antiseptic, bactericide, and anti-microbial properties. This oil can be dispersed in the air through a diffuser or room spray, or blending in a massage oil for the muscle aches and coughs that often come with colds.