Trevor Joyce stole our heart a few years ago when he became one of our most regular clients. Trevor, a veteran of the US Army, survived a bullet wound to his head and has traveled the long road of healing from a traumatic brain injury (TBI) ever since. We started to treat Trevor in 2011 and have learned so much as his massage therapist and friend.
At this time, Trevor is conscious and understands what is going on around him but does not have control over voluntary movement yet. We believe that there are many aspects to healing, and we are inviting you to take part in this young man's extraordinary journey.
We want to invite you to our Open Heart Open House on Saturday, September 20, a fundraiser to benefit Trevor's healing process.
We are raising $1600 to provide Trevor with a Professional Biomat to use at home. Though Trevor does receive support from the VA, much of the equipment for TBIs doesn't fit this man of 6'7."
Trevor will be with us for the open house, and we know that growing his community will help him so much in his process.
Here are 5 ways you can help this veteran receive the care he needs:
- Attend one of our classes :: We are offering two classes on September 20, both with a suggested donation of $5-$20 each. Classes include Healing Meditation at 2pm and Laugh It Out Laughter and Yoga at 3pm. Read more here!
- Experience a mini-session and leave a donation in the Store :: We will be offering shortened treatments from 12pm-4pm for a suggested donation of $15-25. Enjoy the healing benefits of the biomat and the intuitive wisdom of our therapists. Get to choose from a list of treatment options or simply share what you think you need and let the therapist do the rest!
- Buy products in our store, enter to win one of 13 raffle prizes :: We will donate 10% of all our profits from store sales this day. Shoppers will receive one raffle ticket for each dollar they spend and be entered to win one of 13 prizes!
- Buy a product from our online store :: For those who can't celebrate with us here, they can contribute by making a purchase in our new online store on September 20th. View our online store here.
- Donate Online! :: Donate directly to Trevor's fund through our website below!